Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu


Boise State University, through the State of Idaho, maintains a self-insurance program as well as commercial insurance coverage for vehicles owned or assigned to Boise State University. University faculty, staff and student employees are primarily covered by this insurance while driving vehicles owned or assigned to Boise State University and while use of such vehicles is within the course and scope of their employment.

To File a Claim

  1. If the accident occurred on Boise State University campus, immediately contact University Security/Boise Police at 426-1453, or if it occurred elsewhere, contact the police department for that jurisdiction. Do not leave the scene of the accident and do not admit fault. Obtain the license number, make, model, and year of the vehicle(s) involved and all pertinent information from the other parties. Complete Report Auto Accident (Select “Auto” from the drop down menu) and return form to Boise State Risk Management Office.
  2. For employees who are traveling on business, Enterprise Rent-A-Car provides free primary collision damage coverage to the full value of the vehicle on rental vehicles. State employees are required to use Enterprise Rent-A-Car when renting vehicles for official business   IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THE MANDATORY USE AGREEMENT WITH ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR FOR FULL DETAILS.
  3. If there were any injuries due to the accident, please contact Risk Management & Insurance to report the incident and file the necessary claim forms. Please do this the same day if possible.