Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

Certificates of Insurance

A Certificate of Insurance serves as proof of insurance for coverages/limits of an organizations insurance policy. Certificates of insurance fall into two categories: those issued by the University/State of Idaho to outside organizations and those issued from outside organizations to the University.

Other businesses may request that we provide them with a “Certificate of Insurance” as proof of the University’s insurance coverage. ** Attention: $500,000 is the State’s Liability limit. If the contract requires a higher limit please inform your contact of this limit and ask if they will accept the $500,000 limit.** See below for instructions to request a Certificate of Insurance.

Boise State requires proof of insurance from companies, organizations, or other groups for use of campus facilities for events and activities. Boise State also requires proof of insurance from contractors, vendors, or performers providing products or services to Boise State University. Select the appropriate form – BUS-Shuttle Insurance Requirements or Contractor/Vendor/Performer Insurance Requirements. You can print these requirements and give them to the 3rd party. The COI-sample is intended to be given to the contractor or vendor’s insurance agent so the agent knows how to properly complete the Certificate we need that meets the University’s insurance requirements.

Incomplete or incorrect certificates will result in a delay of approval. Risk Management reserves the right to negotiate alternative coverages and limits based on the type of event.

To request a certificate of insurance, please send

  • Your written contract or agreement,
  • The insurance requirements,
  • The who, what, when, where, why of the event/activity,
  • Name, address, phone number, contact person requesting certificate,
  • Your name and department information to:

Kristi Murphy –