Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

Student Organization or Department Events


University departments or student organizations planning to hold an On-Campus event should do the following:

  • Provide Risk Management & Insurance (RM&I ) with a brief Event Proposal indicating the Who, What, Where, When, and Purpose of the event. RM&I will review the proposal and make appropriate recommendations.
  • Provide Risk Management & Insurance with a current Certificate of Insurance for any outside organization participating in the event. Click here to view/print Third Party Insurance Requirements

Our State Insurance provides liability coverage to the University for University approved student organizations holding On-Campus or Off-Campus events, provided the event is Authorized, Funded, and Supervised (Faculty/Staff) by the University.

NOTE: Sororities and Fraternities are excluded from our University State insurance coverage. These Greek Organizations are required to carry insurance through their National Charter Organization and must show evidence of such insurance by providing Student Activities and RM&I a current Certificate of Insurance with coverage not less than $1,000,000.00 per occurrence General Liability and $2,000,000.00 aggregate. Additionally, “Boise State and the State of Idaho” must be listed on the certificate as “Additional Insureds.”

A Certificate of Insurance is required from any promoter, band, service or food vendor participating in an On-Campus event. Additionally, food vendors must provide a copy of a current Permit/License, to dispense food, from the Central District Health Department. The student organization, sponsoring the event, is required to notify Central District Health (208-327-8527) of the proposed event and participating food vendors prior to the event.